Thermal bridging through concrete and steel connections can have a significant impact on buildings` energy performance.
Ecopad A2 Fire Rated Thermal Break provides low thermal conductivity and high compressive strength. Made of reinforced fire resistant thermoset resin, it is an A2 fire rated product which maintains its structural integrity in the event of fire. Ecopad meets multiple requirements of designers by providing all the necessary properties in one thermal break product. Under “Document B Building Regulations” , this material is compliant for use on buildings over 18 metres.
Ecopad has been independently tested and meets following industry standards:
- Can be supplied as cut pads to fit in any shape within the parameters of the material. The thickness of the material is 5mm.
- A2 fire rated non-combustible
- Very high structural performance and compressive strength (EN ISO 604)
Ecopad Structural Thermal Break is manufactured to use between flanged vertical and horizontal connections. It reduces the thermal bridging between internal and external structural building elements.
Ecopad is suitable to use:
- Steel to Steel
- Steel to Masonry/Concrete
- Steel to Timber
- Concrete to Concrete
- Between structural frames
- Façade system connections to substrate
- In isolation of sub-structure and basement elements
- Roof parapets
- External access systems
- With roof plant enclosures
- Through connections to existing substructures
- In connection of external and internal primary building elements
Masonry to cladding connection
Steel to steel connection internal to external connection
Column base connection
Steel to concrete connection
|Compression Strength fck(MPa) (EN ISO 604)||700|
|Elastic Modules (MPa) (EN ISO 604)||5819|
|Thermal Conductivity (W/mK) (DIN 52 612)||0.2082|
|Fire Rating (EN13501-1)||A2|
|Density (kg/m3) (ISO 1183)||2085|
|Available Thicknesses (mm)||5|
|Thicknesses Tolerance (mm)||+0.5|
A2 fire rated
Low heat conductivity
Low water absorbtion
Good hydorocarbon stability
Good chemical stability
Excellent mechanical durability
How Do We Work?
The following information is required for a quotation :
- Plate dimensions
- Number and sizes of the holes
- Reference postcode
After Order Confirmation
- The manufacturing process starts within a week from the order being placed.
- Cladmate to provide detailed drawings with detailed dimensions with project reference are required prior to fabrication.
- Manufacturing is undertaken in accordance with CE ISO 9001 and CE ISO 14001 accreditation.